UFCW Local 700 is pleased to announce that our Union Bargaining Committee and representatives from Chartwells reached a tentative agreement for a new contract. The current contract between UFCW Local 700 and Chartwells expires May 3, 2019.
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Heritage Catering Room
11am – 2pm and 4pm – 6pm
Your Union Bargaining Committee recommends
a YES VOTE to APPROVE the proposed contract.
(Only Union Members may vote on the contract.)
We stuck together and won workplace improvements that help Chartwells workers and your families to have a better life:
Fairness and Security at Work
- Protecting your job and hours by defining bargaining unit work
- Advance notification for scheduling
- Additional grievance resolution procedure
- New respect and dignity clause
- Additional steward in the evenings to better enforce the contract
- Stronger overtime language
- Work shoe allowance
Benefits to Build a Better Future
- Guaranteed wage increases
- New health care protection langage in case of a change in federal law
- Time and ½ pay for working on holidays
- Additional day of bereavement leave for immediate family members
- Increased vacation accrual for workers with 5 or more years of service
Should you have any questions or desire further information, please contact your Union Representative, Juan Garcia at 317-752-3809 or Scott Barnett at 574-276-6526.