UFCW is America’s food union. Our hard-working members make and sell the things that American families eat every day, and our role in creating a better life continues beyond the factory and the store. That’s why every year, the United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) has supported the National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC) in their “Stamp Out Hunger” food drive to combat hunger across our nation.
On Saturday, May 12, letter carriers will collect bags of food from homes and donation drop off sites across the country. Will you join us in helping to feed our local communities?
How you can participate:
- Fill up your Stamp Out Hunger bag with non-perishable food items. See our list of suggested, union-made items below for ideas:
Fill your Stamp Out Hunger bag with:
- Pasta or spaghetti sauce
- Canned fruits and veggies
- Canned meals (soup, chili, pasta)
- 100% juice
- Peanut butter
- Macaroni and cheese
- Canned protein (chicken, tuna, turkey)
DO NOT put in frozen food, homemade food, expired food, or home canned items – or anything in glass containers.
- Snap a pic of yourself with your filled bag and Tweet it out or put it on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtags #UFCW and #StampOutHunger.
- On May 12th, put your bag out before your letter carrier’s normal pick-up time. The earlier, the better!
- Feel GREAT – knowing your donated food stays in your local community and will feed families in need where you live.