UFCW Local 700 reached a tentative agreement with Kroger for a new, four-year Southern Illinois Meat Contract.
The proposed contract raises pay and protects your benefits:
- Immediate increases of at least $1.00 for Meat Department Leads and Clerks
- Higher starting rates for new hires
- Raises night premium pay to $2.00 per hour
- New pay scale to earn more raises faster
- Protects affordable, quality health care with minimal increases that don’t begin until January 1, 2026
- No plan design changes to dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability
- Meat pension protected
Should you have any questions, please contact your Union Representative.
Your Union Negotiating Committee, Officers, and Staff recommend a YES VOTE TO APPROVE the proposed contract.
Special thanks to our Negotiating Committee Members Les Cox (L-380) and Harry Ray (L-687).