Your UFCW Local 700 Union Negotiating Committee is proud to announce that we’ve reached a tentative agreement with Kroger for a new, three-year contract; the proposed contract covers about 800 workers at nine stores in the South Bend area.
YOUR UNION NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE, OFFICERS, AND STAFF RECOMMEND A YES VOTE TO APPROVE THE PROPOSED CONTRACT.
The new contract includes:
- Guaranteed pay raises and ratification bonuses
- Pay raises are effective three weeks following ratification
- Affordable, quality health care for you and your families
- Weekly co-premium will increase by only $1 per week in 2025
- Retirement security through UFCW Consolidated Pension and VAPP plans
- Defined benefit pension extended to a new group of workers
- Language improvements include better provisions for earning holidays and holiday pay, greater flexibility for vacation, and stronger non-discrimination language
Union Representatives and Negotiating Committee Members will be in stores to discuss details of the proposed contract and answer questions. Voting will take place on Friday, September 30.
A full schedule for voting will be available on our website at www.ufcw700.org.