Your UFCW Local 700 Union Negotiating Committee is proud to announce that members have overwhelmingly approved a new three-year agreement with Maple Leaf Farms for a contract covering about 130 workers.
Together, we reached an agreement that will help create a better place to work and a more secure future for Maple Leaf workers and your families. With your support and solidarity, we:
• Increased pay
• Secure wage rates for additional job classifications
• Kept insurance premiums affordable
• Improved paid funeral leave benefits
• Increased vacation time for newer employees
• Protected additional hours by seniority
Special thanks to the union members serving on the Negotiating Committee; we appreciate your time, effort, and thoughtful consideration of contract issues and proposals throughout the process:
New copies of the contract will be available within 4-6 weeks. Should you have any questions or desire further information, please contact your Union Representative.