Your UFCW Local 700 Union Bargaining Committee is proud to announce that we’ve reached a tentative agreement with Kroger for a new, two-year contract; the proposed contract covers about 300 workers in the three Decatur-area stores.
YOUR UNION OFFICERS, STAFF, AND UNION BARGAINING COMMITTEE RECOMMEND A YES VOTE TO APPROVE THE PROPOSED CONTRACT.
We stuck together in negotiations and were able to win:
- Guaranteed pay increases over the life of the contract
- Lump-sum compensation for top-rated, grandfathered workers, Qualified Assistant and Department Heads, Specialty and Night Grocery Leaders, Qualifying Full-time and Part-time Clerks and Utility Clerks
- Higher premiums for night crews
- Quality, affordable health care for members and your families
- Health care benefit improvements
- Retirement security for a better future
- Language improvements creating more opportunity for you
Union Representatives and Bargaining Committee Members will be in stores on Tuesday, September 10, and Wednesday, September 11, to discuss details of the proposed contract and answer questions. Voting will take place on Thursday, September 12, 2019.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2019
|J-||922||12:00PM – 1:00PM||7:00PM – 8:00PM|
|J-||924||10:00AM – 11:00AM||5:00PM – 6:00PM|
|J-||946||8:00AM – 9:00AM||3:00PM – 4:00PM|
You may vote in the time and location most convenient for you. Only union members may vote on the contract.