UFCW Local 700 proudly represents over 13,500 members in grocery stores, and packing and processing plants in Indiana. We work together to build a better life for our members and all middle class families. This week, members voted to build a bigger, stronger union and approved the proposed $1 per week dues increase restructure. The increase restructure will give us more resources and more power at the bargaining table, in organizing new members, and in strengthening our communities.
Over the last decade, we’ve stuck together through challenging times, but together, we’ve won some of the strongest contracts in our industry, lifted starting wages in many of our work locations, expanded members-only programs and benefits (including free college!), added Stewards to enforce our contracts in the workplace every day, and built our union through organizing new members.
We want to protect the gains we’ve made and provide more opportunity for our members to create better lives for you and your family. With a restructure, we will:
- Better enforce our contracts by reducing the territory size of our Union Representatives and hiring more staff
- Increase our ability to organize new members through a bigger organizing department
- Offer more training for Union Stewards
- Provide more members-only programs and benefits
- Continue to negotiate strong contracts with better wages and affordable, quality health care.
The dues restructure increase is effective April 1, 2017.
Should you have any questions or desire further information, please contact your Union Representative.