UFCW Local 700 members at ConAgra Dairy in Indianapolis have overwhelmingly approved a new, four-year contract. The Union Bargaining Committee focused on protecting and increasing benefits and fair treatment for everyone working in the plant.
The new contract:
- Raises wages, closes the 2-tier wage gap, and provides a lump sum payment
- Increases pension benefits
- Maintains Health and Welfare benefits for families
- Protects crewing seniority and overtime
- Gives more flexibility for use of vacation time
The contract is effective upon ratification.