In June, workers at ConAgra in Indianapolis chose to join the UFCW Local 700 union family; last week, members approved their first union contract!
Together, and thanks to the efforts of the Union Bargaining Committee and SubCommittee, we reached an agreement that provides a better life, a more secure future, and respect on the job for the hardworking men and women of ConAgra bakery, and their families.
The new, three-year contract includes:
- Mutual agreement to evaluate hours of work to create a pathway for more stable hours and more full-time jobs
- Seniority protection for layoff and recall, job bidding procedure preventing favoritism and disparate treatment
- More flexible leave policies, including union and personal leave
- Strong language protecting the rights of Immigrant workers
- Preferential hire provisions for workers at ConAgra Bakery who choose to transfer to 62nd Street plant
- Labor-Management committee to discuss workplace, and health and safety issues
- Lump sum bonus and guaranteed wage increases during the contract
- Weekly pay for workers at the plant
- Protection of wage rates, including increases prior to ratification
- Guaranteed call-in pay for either four-hours or four-hours of work
- Health care coverage maintained over term of agreement; company may not change benefit levels